Old 02-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #91
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime MW Pavlik v. GGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Well let's be clear that Golovkin isn't exactly being given the largest purses in the world by HBO. His headlining bill did far and away the lowest rating of last year on the network. Aside from Martinez and Chavez, I'd say Geale has/had more lucrative options and Sturm (one of the few fighters I'd say has legitimately ducked Golovkin) nevertheless probably did as well. N'Jikam has a guaranteed shot at Quillin on the horizon, Quillin had a guaranteed fight for another belt at home and on longer notice than the date Proksa took, and Pirog was obviously willing but injured.
Quillin was offered a title fight before Pirog was ever stripped, then a unification, both on HBO. He's still on SHO undercards, plus if it's true they offered Edwin Rodriguez 500k they aren't as limited purse wise as it seems. Macklin always has other plans when GGG is looking for a fight, Sturm and NJikam ducked him relentlessly before. I agree Geale had better options, hope he's open to that fight later this year. But as of right now there's little GGG can do to put any of these guys, plus Sergio and Chavez, in the ring with him.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links