Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #32
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675
Default Re: Erislandy Lara vs Gennady Golovkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Is Martirosyan vs. Lara worth checking out?

I've heard it was ugly and not very exciting, and close enough that most don't have a problem with the draw. (with Martirosyan backers of course thinking it should have swung his way and Lara backers the opposite)
I am a pretty neutral on this fight and I enjoyed the fight for the sole fact that it would clear up the picture at 154. In my eyes the draw was a fair result without Lara having points deducted for the fouls he committed during the fight. At first Lara was tentative and Vanes was landing his right hands. Vanes won the early rounds then Lara was taking the later rounds until the stoppage. I was actually surprised Vanes did as good as he did. I knew his straight right would be problems for Lara but I figured Lara could catch him coming in and put him out. Problem is Lara was too scared to exchange with Vanes. He would wait for Vanes to finish then hit him which would make it hard to stop Vanes that way.

Check it out. I was actually thinking of watching it again sometime this weekend since we have no boxing and it is in my DVR.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top