Old 02-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #35
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250
Default Re: Erislandy Lara vs Gennady Golovkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
I am a pretty neutral on this fight and I enjoyed the fight for the sole fact that it would clear up the picture at 154. In my eyes the draw was a fair result without Lara having points deducted for the fouls he committed during the fight. At first Lara was tentative and Vanes was landing his right hands. Vanes won the early rounds then Lara was taking the later rounds until the stoppage. I was actually surprised Vanes did as good as he did. I knew his straight right would be problems for Lara but I figured Lara could catch him coming in and put him out. Problem is Lara was too scared to exchange with Vanes. He would wait for Vanes to finish then hit him which would make it hard to stop Vanes that way.

Check it out. I was actually thinking of watching it again sometime this weekend since we have no boxing and it is in my DVR.
So is Martirosyan showing improvements or still as flawed as he was against Ouma, Greene, and Roman?

Do you think Maciel has a chance? (note: I would've favored Maciel over Demetrius Andrade if that had gone through as planned...you should really check out footage of him since dropping back down to 154 after the Pirog loss...he is living up to his ring name, dude is a BEAST...and would exhibit real aggression to bother Martirosyan unlike Lara, but controlled aggression...)
IntentionalButt is offline  Top