View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #104
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Fights or Fighters you remember that "evolved" the skill sets in MMA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
That was an awesome post by the way. I would have to say that if Bruce Lee had never been around then that means there would have been no martial arts craze of the Seventies which essentially went on through the 80's until it fizzled on home video in the early Nineties - coincidentally at the same time as the beginning of the UFC. No one would ever have watched the first UFC, and MMA as we know it would not exist. The UFC would have come and gone with one pay per view and everyone but the Gracie Brothers would have gone back to Brazil.

No one was more responsible for the boom in popularity for the study of martial arts than Bruce Lee. An entire industry was born in his wake and his shadow supported everyone that came behind him.
Even though I question Bruces's credibility as a fighter, I'm in no doubt about the impact he had on the western world, today his legacy is all around us in combat sports, entertainment and in some small way even a generations receptiveness to basic forms of eastern philosophy. The guy will always be a legend outside the ring, but unfortunately he'll always be just a hypothetical in the ring.
boranbkk is offline  Top