View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #37
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Brook alexander OFF for april 27th!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
It'd be a real shame if this fight were not to happen now. I think it's a perfect fight for Brook at this stage to see if he can hack it at World level whilst it was a decent opponent for Alexander too. Hopefully, it doesn't end up Brook fighting some nobody for the vacant title but it's no fault of his own if that were to happen. He should get his shot next.

Regarding Bradley-Brook, I think it was smart of him not to take the fight. I personally consider Alexander a big step up in terms of who's he fought perviously and clearly Bradley's an even bigger step up from that so it would have been foolhardy to have thrown him into that fight. If he were to pick up the IBF belt, he's got plenty of options out there with the likes of Khan and that so it was pointless putting him in a weak position taking a Bradley fight where everything was against him.
Agree with this.For some reason,I think Bradley is underrated in this country.Remember he nearly knocked out Junior Witter who must have been near peak?The best two fighters Kells fought Matt Hatton and Carson Jones.Well get a better look at the latter if his Purdy fight comes off this time.Want Kell to do well,but his career hasnt moved along too quickly to say he turned pro so young,if Bundrage hadnt pulled out I think he could have already been champion,and this last setback is another disaster not of his making.Can Eddie work some magic,we need some.
TED 822 is offline  Top