Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665
Default Re: Wlad vs Fres Oquendo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youaintakiller View Post
Wlad needs to go after the tall guys they would help give him credibility

The likes of Wilder, Fury and Price who are all pretty decent fighters in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
Pianeta is in the box seat at present apparently
Micky's right, Pianeta almost certainly a go now. Pianeta is a 6'5, 240 or so fighter. Undefeated. Nice record, big and tall for the look. Unfortunately, he's not particularly good. He doesn't have the power of a Wach though he's a little more skilled. Another C+ type of guy like Wach (I feel he could be a little better a class but I think Wegner can't bring it out of him). I don't mind the fight like some, as long as it's just a quickie, low-risker for April before a summer match with Povetkin.

Regardless, size doesn't give him any credibility, in my opinion. His best wins are Byrd, Haye, Chagaev and Ibragimov, to me, and they're all small to average sized heavies. And they all beat 6'4+, 230+ guys to earn their positions in the sport, really. Yeah, it looks nice when Klitschko fights guys his size, but they're almost never his biggest challenges. Size doesn't make the challenger and it doesn't make the champion. Not that I wouldn't like a Price or Fury to become as good a challenge as the Hayes or better, as it would offer intrigue but it doesn't make credibility. The credibility is in being the top man, regardless.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top