PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Harry Wills Articles

[quote=janitor;14740151][quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post

Lets start with the obvious question of who had the most to gain from the fight.

Tunney stood to establish himself as the #1 contender by beating Wills, while Wills would have gained nothing from beating Tunney.
Wills said , Yet Tunney somehow managed to get the Dempsey's fight without fighting Wills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor View Post
No, I am saying that it is one part of a complex set of circumstances, that you paint as being simple.
Wait you said Wills taking Dempsey to court, made Dempsey . It either was or wasn't part of him deciding to fight Wills or not, make your mind up

I think Dempsey not facing Wills was a mixture of circumstances, mainly being risk and reward for Dempsey and his management. That I don't have a problem with necessarily as long as their is some honesty in it. I suspect most posters here, if given the same situation would pick easier risk reward scenarios, it makes sense from the perspective of human nature. From a sporting/justice perspective it's questionable

Quote:
The irony is not lost on me.

I guess that if everybody else gets to do this, then it is only fair that I get my turn.
Okay, a bit off topic though? Did you read any of the articles, you might enjoy the Johnson sparring story

Quote:
At least I will acknowledge primary sources that do not suport my position, rather than trying to find a reason to dismiss them.

The irony is that in a setting with a more orthodox view on Dempsey, I might have ended up being the person making the case for Wills!
PowerPuncher is offline  Top