Old 02-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #542
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev's professional career

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwig View Post
Chambers says that he and USS and Jennings are friends and won't fight each other unless a title was on the line.

Cunningham would be a more suitable opponent for the final eliminator vrs. Pulev than Jennings. Either would be great if the fight is possible.

Interesting to see that Banks is high up there. Would be fun to see him in with Cunningham or Jennings.
I knew Chambers and Cunningham were friends, I didn't know about Jennings. Banks, what a situation. The guy's the head trainer of the champion of the weight class that he is currently campaigning in and other under circumstances, I think we could've all seen him being offered a fight for the title after Mitchell. But, I really can't imagine a situation where he's stepping out of the former shoes of Steward to take on a fight that he will lose with as close to certainty as you're likely to get in this sport. He made some very up-in-the-air comments about it in an interview not long ago that made it sound like he would give it a go. But, I find it hard to imagine.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top