Old 02-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #16
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Help me sort out this top 50 pound for pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
Also, you don't have Loughran. Certainly he rates above Sanchez?
i

I'm gonna take out McAuliffe I think, but I'm not sure who i'll add in his place. Front runners seem to be

Fighting Harada
Tommy Loughran
Micheal Spinks
Carlos Ortiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manassa View Post
Only as clearly as B. Leonard over Pep or something. You know yourself about that bantamweight-featherweight gap and how hard it is to jump. It was all a lot less organised back then of course, and I do believe the general boxing knowledge back then was less widespread (though conditions were tougher to almost make up for it), but nevertheless, a younger George Dixon was reportedly the great boxer of the day who was, quite importantly, a real ring innovator who shared his secrets with Walcott himself. I never like to take into account fame or political influence and things like that, but the invention or at least original implementation of boxing methods and techniques goes a long way in my book.
Both boxers fought significantly heavier opponents and both suffer incomplete records. They were also affected by racism. Dixon in particular - I have heard - deserved more decisions than given credit for.
It's a nice pocket argument, but is it really a clear case for having Walcott lower?
McGrain is offline  Top
Sponsored Links