Old 02-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #3905
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 744
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Your post lost any credibility when you stated that the doctor saved Vitali's career. You don't know that. Besides that, if Lewis legitimately won he would have given a rematch for a career payday. We know what happened there.
Vitali face was in a horrible state. I can think of no cut in boxing that I have ever seen that was as bad as that. It might be conjecture to say that it saved his career but it is totally true that the cuts Vitali suffered were bad and justified (because this stupid website wont let me write w.a.r.r.e.n.t.e.d.) the stoppage and the doctor should be praised for stepping in and proventing a potential tragedy. Using the termed "saved his career" as an exageration for effect does not invalidate the rest of my argument.

The fact that Lewis did not fight the rematch does not make his victory over Vitali any less legitimate. Vitali put in a great effort in a competitive match but he failed and his face was torn apart in the process, the stoppage was completely justified and caused by the damage Lewis inflicted. Those are the facts, the scorecards dont matter, conspiracy theories are bullshit.

And Lewis/Vitali 2 would never make more that Lewis/Tyson simply because neither Lewis nor Vitali had the superstar drawing power that Tyson did
MAJR is offline  Top