Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449
Default Re: Tyson fury lands dream us debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Didn't realise Fury was formerly unbeaten

Strange move IMO the IBF is a much more difficult route than the WBC one. His options seemed to be:

WBC - Arreola/Stiverne>Vitali
IBF - Cunningham>Pulev>Wlad

He'll probably lose his high ranking with the WBC for taking this fight too. He'll beat Cunningham but Pulev is a tough, tough fight which will probably yield a smaller purse than say an Arreola fight.

Strange fight unless his WBC ranking has been guaranteed.
Not sure about that. Stadium full plus live on both German and British domestic tv at a proper hour. Due to that I don't know why we don't see more of those type of fights where you're bringing in two big tv revenues at once at the peak hour. It's not like there's not a huge ammount of options to go for for these type of fights where you have Pulev, Povetkin, Solis, Helenius, Banks, Chagaev, Boytsov, Gerber, Pianeta, Dimitrenko, Charr, Ustinov, Gomez et.... I mean that's a lot of match ups at different levels that would be easy to sell to both Countries for fighters on the level of Price, Haye, Fury and Chisora.

I think this is the new way to go rather than the dated American angle British HW's used to inspire to break into.
Manning is offline  Top