View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #32
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: If Ricky Burns beat Miguel Vasquez and Adrien Broner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
You mean to tell me that Broner's TV network and his management plus a rival promoter have all said that Burns didn't elect to take the fight because of money instead of the more factual reason of not having enough preparation time Craney?

I found that astounding, who would have thought that a boxers potential opponent's management team would ever say something about another fighter that may not be true, it just doesn't happen....
I understand what your saying, and don't you think I thought of that before letting it out? It may just be the work of rival promotion, but when the lord and savior is coming out saying it, I mean how can you not believe Eddie Hearn?

Its feasible to me anyhow, that that could well be the case, Ricky and team might think he is worth top dollar, and if team Broner didnt pay it, then no fight. The fact is Ricky said that he turned it down again, because 5 weeks wasnt enough..........but it seems the fight would have gone ahead had Team Broner paid the fee Team Burns wanted.
craney91 is offline  Top