View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #35
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: If Ricky Burns beat Miguel Vasquez and Adrien Broner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
I think they mentioned some quite toppy figures of what they'd fight for and also wanted it after tax, I don't think that's why the fight didn't happen though maybe a contributory factor but obv they had designs on getting Vazquez over here first.
But this doesnt start and end in this division, Ricky Burns was called a runner in the last division. Broner wanted to fight there. But Ricky apparently vacated and moved up. According to Broner's management.

Team Burns are reluctant to make the fight, unless it is on their terms. Its damage limitations, they know the likelihood of Ricky dominating the fight is zero to nil. This is another level. Adrien Broner is another level. So from business point of view, they will want to secure as many fights and wins for Ricky before they dare feed him to the wolves. When that time comes, they will be asking for big money, with the best interests of their own fighter of course. But until Ricky starts beating some names, Vazquez for starters, he has no power to dictate prices.

But like Broner said, and I tend to agree, "I think they have bitten of more than they can chew with that fight"

I hope I'm wrong. I want the Burns - Broner fight in the future. But to be honest, if Ricky pulls it of, I don't think we will be any closer to a Broner fight, because the ego will get even bigger, with the whole 2 belt thing. Broner won't bite, and we won't get a fight.

If Ricky wants to meet down the middle and fight in Vegas, the fight can be made tomorrow.......but they dont, because if they did, the fight would have happened already.

TBH I don't think we are any closer to that fight, win or lose the Vazquez fight.

Just a feeling.
craney91 is offline  Top