Thread: The mental game
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
RelentlessTC

vCash: 500
Default Re: The mental game

Quote:
Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
To condition your mind, you have to train it, just like your body. When you are shadowboxing, or in front of the mirror, you need to be running through scenarios in your mind: "He leads a straight left, I catch it, pivot left and jab" You do the same thing when you hit the heavy bag; you talk yourself through the punch he throws, your defensive reaction, your counter, how you get out (or change angles to keep punching). This is how you train your mind to keep focused; you don't let it wander when you are training. (this, incidentally, is the big reason why I don't like a guy jumping rope in the gym. The mind wanders.)
If you prepare yourself this way, once the bell rings your mind will do what it has been conditioned to do. You'll be focused on things that matter; what is he trying to do to me, and how can I use that to my advantage.

That's a really interesting point of view .. Im going to start putting that into practice . When I look back on my physical training behavior I am not visualizing when I train . Thank you for replying to my post I really appreciate it .

T
RelentlessTC is offline  Top