Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Anthony Joshua wins MBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Andrew Flintoff. But he went pro.

There is no doubting Joshua's physical build and OK ability after 3 years. But I suspect he will be baby fed in the pro ranks, by having 20-25 fights before fighting any challenge. Promoters will see him as a walking disaster, but someone with the potential to generate a lot of money.

I don't see anything special about him, apart from his size, in the Olympics he was gifted a gold medal. There is no getting away from that. And I personally didnt see any amazing signs at the Olympics that stand out. In fact, the only signs I saw, was that he will be beat quite badly in the pro ranks, if he doesnt improve rapidly. Some of those opponents in the Olympics have only ever fought at amateur level. Camamamamamarellelelelele for instance.

I will reserve judgment, but at the moment, the only promise I see, is

Skill wise - We will have to wait a bit longer, very wise if Joshua stays amateur for 2-3 years if you ask me.
you clearly haven't done this. youve made up your mind and you will hate on Joshua no matter what he does.

if the only positive you can see about Joshua is his size, you obviously know **** all about boxing.

whether he won those fights or not, he wasn't stopped or outclassed against the best amateurs in the world after putting on the gloves 3 years ago. so he has already competed with, beaten or lost close decisions to the very best. so whats the purpose of staying amateur for 3 years (so he wont go to the 2016 Olympics....your a ****ing retard) to refight those guys?

you say he is not ready to be compete as a pro. so why not give him those 20-25 learning fights? as long as he is not fighting total bums whats the issue with him learning his trade in 6-8 rounders for 3 years before making a serious push?
Jonsey is offline  Top