View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #256
Makingweight
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
M you are right, all you have to look at is the careers of Julio Cesar Chavez jr and Canelo, not the most talented of guys but put butts in seats. Think about this if Oscar D. looked like Juan Manuel Lopez or Jose Luis Castillo we wouldn't be talking bout Goldenboy. Look at who is the boxoffice hero's in Hollywood mostly good looking, charismatic guys who may not be the most talented of actors, this is the world we live in folks. Marketability counts as much or more than ability. I have two young fighters, both have promotional contracts, they werent the most decorated amateurs, they never won a major tournament. The promoter who signed them is one of the biggest promoters in the US. I got them a deal based on their marketability, both were Mexican's, both were decent looking, both have charisma, a fan friendly style and both have power.
They would have been passed over based on their amateur credentials, so the approach was different. Marketability is key, look no further then the Cubans, very talented, p4p guys, future greats, blah, blah, blah, they have zero marketability.
Thats why you always see Cubans are forever calling out somebody, cos nobody cares.
Over here we had coverage of the recent Broner v Rees fight you all saw it but post fight after the interviews what almost became the main point in the studio was Broner & his ring walk attitude etc.

We have a hour long programme in the UK called ringside weekly for a hour they spent 10 mins talking about Broner's comments pre & post fight the dedicated fan can & SHOULD see the difference it sells tickets.When you have fans that are almost as interested in seeing you lose as win you have actually won!
Makingweight is offline  Top
Sponsored Links