View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #388
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone know about Polish heavy Artur Szpilka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
Adamek isn't goin to fight Sosnowski....

As far as Szpilka, it is obvious Adamek wants one more pay-day before retiring, he has said himself he doesn't plan on fighting on much longer. A fight with Szpilka doesn't bring him closer to that. Maybe why he doesn't want the Pulev fight, because why take the path of most resistance when you have a goal to make. He did it against Dawson and it bit him. That said. He is doing exactly the same thing other fighters are doing or have done, he is on the decline and clearly at the backside of his career.

It may well be a duck, the Pulev fight, but he has been in more then enough of his fair share of wars to be making some kind of ***** out of him. Especially after his 2 last fights where he faced dangerous, live fighters, not cans.

Adamek should be thinking about hanging them up soon.
1) Don't act like Szpilka wouldn't be the biggest Polish payday possible, it is. It would probably bring more money than a Banks or Mitchel HBO fight too.

2) He knows Klychko would annihilate him and Pulev beat him, i have no problem with that. He realizes he's in decline and wants to get a payday i have no problem with that either. That problem i have is him entering the IBF tournament only to back out.

Even if he didn't realize he was past it until post Cunningham there is no excuse for waiting another 2 or 3 months until Pulev negotiations were supposed to already be taking place before backing out. He's ****ed Pulev over and held up the IBF mandatory being decided.
Vysotsky is offline  Top