View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #34
Aquamarine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Your top 10 greatest K1 GP fighters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite View Post
Schilt is the strongest and most dominant fighter, that's quite obvious.

Hoost is the most skilled one and takes the N 1 spot, even though he has some black marks on his records such as the losses to Sapp, but they all have that.

Aerts is there, also because he has been in K-1 from the beginning.

Le Banner, although not really a tournament fighter, should off course be there too. He has wins over all of them and only bad luck kept him from the title back in 2002 and ruined his next years.

Hug was a great warrior, technical as well but his death made him a bit overrated in my opinion. He died at around 37, so we had seen the best of him.

The bald and hard hitting Bernardo, probably the most dangerous and feared fighter in the circuit should be there too.

Bonjasky; technical fighter, but he took advantage of injured fighters ( Le Banner 2003) to capture his titles. Fought Musashi twice in the Final and Aerts took rid of Schilt for him in his 3th GP win. A very good fighter, just not that dominant.

Sefo has been in K-1 for a long time too. Though he never even won a regional K-1 tournament, he should be mentioned in the top 10 I think.

Filho, Greco are other names that come to my mind to make the top 10 complete. Especially Greco was a real badass.

Musashi, Leko, Stan the Man, ...
Good post.

Don't forget though that Hug was a karate fighter first & foremost, and still able to hold his own against the best kick and Thai boxers.

RIP Ramon Dekkers.
Aquamarine is offline  Top