View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #65
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins vs Marvin Hagler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Some of them were a fair bit better than ordinary, ie Winky Wright, Tarver. And Vanderpool was very good imho

Southpaw-Orthodox are often partly won by who works the angles better and Hopkins would work them better than Hagler

Haven't seen this one but he's dominated better southpaws than Allen.

Flash KDs in a fight he dominated from start to finish, should have been 9-3 instead of a draw.

I think Hagler would give him a good fight no doubt, but back Hopkins better ring smarts/tactics.

I'll dispute Hopkins having issues at MW:

He was 38 against Taylor and those were razor thin, and Jones is a league above anyone Hagler's faced

That was never a draw my friend, 10-2 or 9-3 Hopkins, the fights on youtube if you wish to view it. I've made a thread on here with my scorecard.

Anyway we could do this with this Hagler: Taken to the limit by Duran, pushed to a controversial loss by a not so great Antufermo (I thought he should have won ofcourse but Antufermo did push him) beaten by a smaller Leonard, went life and death against the unskilled Mugabi. Most fighters have some hard close fights or losses.
My friend Hopkins has losses at middle... You should watch the Allen fight (#1) And hate to burst your bubble, there is a BIG difference to what you call being pushed in a fight and actual losses...And at middle, Ex had actual losses... Do you actaually belive that Hagler would let Ex fight comfortable, and with a low punch output keep Hagler at bay ???
Waynegrade is offline  Top