View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #68
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins vs Marvin Hagler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynegrade View Post
You mean Hopkins is taller, right ? But bigger ??? Hagler was bigger through the shoulders, biceps and legs. I mean using your criteria, Hearns ws `bigger` than Hagler. Picking Hagler has nothing to do with the `older` guy theory. Hopkins, while having good footwork, isn`t a fleet-footed speedster. So, I do feel that Hagler would walk him down with Pressure and cut the ring off as well. Dictating a fight isn`t always about a guys ability to move, poke out some cute shits and box carefully to a decision. I am saying that Hagler moving in aggresively, walks Hopkins down and is busier than Hopkins. I mean prime `82 ` Hagler. You assume that Hagler `lets` Hopkins slow the fight down, and fight it at Hopkins pace. I say that Hagler too had great boxing skills and the physical equipment with tenacity to match to grind Ex down. And prime Hagler was in amazing condition, so he could keep the pressure on for 15 rds if needed. Plus Hagler would go hard to the body, and I think he would muscle Hopkins (who isn`t as strong as Hagler) inside. Hopkins legend has grown as his body did in his later years. But, if you took prime Hopkins at 160 matched against `82` Hagler. Hopkins is NOT keeping Hagler off of him...
Hopkins was the natrually bigger man. Hagler was more compact, but weight, height and length all belong to Hopkins thus making him the bigger guy.

Hagler struggled to dictate a fight to a blown up Duran, who's lateral movements limited Marvin's opportunities. Hopkins possesses that same skill, but also commanded a far more natrual swiftness of foot as his peak.

Where is the proof that Hagler is stronger than Hopkins? Because his muscles looked shinier? Give me some proof man. Do you think Hagler has the same understanding of positioning and foot placement as Hopkins does? THAT stops him from dictating the fight to Nard. Hagler is not the ring general in this fight.

Who the hell ever walked Hopkins down? If he hits Hagler, Marvin will stop and take note, it's just a fact of life. If a 180lb man punches you in the face, you feel it.

Younger Hopkins (As opposed to the current version that I think you're using) was also much more offensively efficient, and would work both to Hagler's rib cage and head. God forbid Marvin turns southpaw, in which case he loses a lop sided UD, as maybe no better fighter in history has existed as Hopkins, when it comes to left handed opponents.
SJS19 is offline  Top