View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #96
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins vs Marvin Hagler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
It's not 1982 anymore, Hagler gets all the respect he deserves and rightly so. He's much loved and respected by modern boxing fans more so then even SRL and Hearns. People appreciate his long hard journey to the top and doing things the hard way. As a MW Hagler is ahead of Hopkins in a ATG sense atleast in my opinion anyway i'd say Hagler is top 3 while Hopkins at best is top 5 BUT in a h2h prime for prime fight people recognise Hopkins brings the ring IQ and phyiscal tools to defeat Hagler but that doesn't diminish Haglers greatness.

For example personally speaking I rank Hopkins higher then Jones in a general ATG sense but h2h i'd give Hopkins no more then a 20% chance to beat Jones prime for prime.
Thanks for sharing that different way of looking at it, makes sense... I would still favor Hagler head to head with Hop (my opinion) But, I also get that what BHop brings to the table is a tough nut to crack as well ... The Jones/BHop comparison makes a lot of sense as well. While we might rate BHop over RJJ in terms of ATG status. I pick prime RJJ over BHop each and every time head to head. His speed and being able to pick hopkins apart would always be too much for Hopkins ...You could make the case that prime RJJ, would be too much for everyone at 160. But, that`s a whole other post !
Waynegrade is offline  Top