Old 03-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #41
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Controversial fights that you admit your favorite fighter lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
you are right! I totally forgot about that. yes some people including Kinchen and his trainer thought they won. How did I forget that one. Maybe because in my mind Kinchen was never meant to beat Hearns and ye I thought Tommy won the fight. Kinchen had rounds like round 4 and 6 and others where he hurt Tommy, but Tommy edged the rounds with activity and experience. Those who favored Kinchen looked at the rounds he hurt Thomas, yet I think when we looked at rounds Hearns edged it. Hearns showed he wanted it, and Kinchen had the fight won had he pushed it, but he didn't. And then Hearns got another fight with Leonard and the Hill fight a few years later and beat Hill. And odd stylistic situation is the Kinchen lost to Hill in round one with Hill's left counter punch. Kinchen walked right into it. Thanks for reminding me. You proved me wrong for sure. I forgot this one.
Alright Mag, wasn't trying to prove you wrong. The Kinchen fight just came to mind when I read your post. I remember watching it back in the day and I remember Tommy's limpet routine in the 4th more than anything.
AlFrancis is offline  Top