View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 01:48 AM   #64
siassi8qvw

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Paul Williams vs. Floyd Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman99998
Mayweather has always been a very very good inside fighter.

Another poster here said something about how Floyd "doesn't use his speed for defense he uses his shoulder roll skills" or something. This is wrong.

The problem is, you guys aren't looking at Floyd's entire career, just the way he has won his very very very recent fights. He uses different things against different people. Against N'dou and Gatti he was busting them up on the inside. Against Baldomir he was potshotting from the outside. He has used his speed and reflexes and footwork defensively with great results. He has used the shoulder roll defensively with great results. He can counter, or hit you with blisteringly fast leads jumping in from the outside.

Mayweather is a totally complete fighter skillwise. He isn't the strongest or most aggressive fighter of all time, but there is no skill that he lacks. There are many different ways that Floyd wins fights, because he is very very good at many things.

Great point...people always tend to focus on his more recent fights...you are absolutely right, Floyd ALWAYS enters each fight with a unique, distinct game plan...no doubt about it. He is by far my favorite fighter and I study his fights in depth...I seriously think Williams has a great chance of beating him though...simply based on activity. He CANNOT count on williams getting tired....he definitely cannot count on hurting williams....and will be vulnerable himself as he leaps in to try to reach Williams...williams has a great uppercut that he uses frequently against shorter opponents, i could see that punch giving floyd problems...on the outside, Floyd wont be able to counter over Williams' job with the straight right hand either because of Williams' freakish reach...Williams has LONGER REACH THAN WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO...he is a freak of nature.
siassi8qvw is offline  Top