View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #80
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Who else could have finished Willard like Dempsey ?

[quote=janitor;14972482]
Quote:

There is actualy a great deal to assume. Whatever your personal thoughts on the matter, there are some indications that the fight was fixed.

And with good reason. Dempsey went on to become a dominant heavyweight champion, while Morrison went on to more of the same.

I don't think that Willard would have beaten Lennox Lewis, but I also don't think he would have lost to Michael Bentt. There are certainl;y guys like him min every era.

No he couldn't.

He never beat anybody close to being that goood that quickly.

The only rational assumption based on his record, is that he probably wouldn't replicate the feat.

I will also put it to you that you would never dare to make such a prediction, if the fight was going to happen tomorrow, and your prediction was going to be publicaly tested.

Have you ever predicted a knockout inside three rounds in a real fight that was going to have a real result?
[quote=janitor;14972482]
Quote:

There is actualy a great deal to assume. Whatever your personal thoughts on the matter, there are some indications that the fight was fixed.

And with good reason. Dempsey went on to become a dominant heavyweight champion, while Morrison went on to more of the same.

I don't think that Willard would have beaten Lennox Lewis, but I also don't think he would have lost to Michael Bentt. There are certainl;y guys like him min every era.
I thought it was debunked that the fight was fixed...

Dempsey went on to Hollywood to **** starlets and defend his title against washed up and/or opponents who had already been beaten by a more deserving contender who never got a shot. Make that two actually...at least Morrison can say he never ducked anyone.

[quote=janitor;14972482]
Quote:
No he couldn't.

He never beat anybody close to being that goood that quickly.

The only rational assumption based on his record, is that he probably wouldn't replicate the feat.

I will also put it to you that you would never dare to make such a prediction, if the fight was going to happen tomorrow, and your prediction was going to be publicaly tested.

Have you ever predicted a knockout inside three rounds in a real fight that was going to have a real result?
And why couldn't he? He was an aggressive stalker, much bigger than Dempsey, harder punching, just as fast if not faster, good head movement and had a fair bit of skills with good combination puching. Morrison looks more technically sound to me on film then Dempsey (GASP! BLASPHEMY!). That Willard was nothing more than a large heavybag with eyes.

Never beat anybody close to being that good that quickly? I'd rate the Pinklon Thomas that Morrison beat in 1 round over that Willard any day of the week.

And yes I would make that prediction, Willard was the worst champion I can recall, including all the alphabet ones. He didn't even know to put his hands up to his face when Dempsey was teeing off on him.
MadcapMaxie is offline  Top