Old 07-16-2007, 05:35 AM   #73
smokey
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Scores for Margo vs. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac
Its become a ritual and habit for HBO to make up their minds about a fighter, or how a fight is going to unfold within the first minute of a fight.

I kid you not....I'm not exaggerating. In the Gatti-Gomez fight, not 10 seconds had gone by in the 1st round, and Emmanuel Steward had already noted that Arturo Gatti did'nt look like a shot fighter!

....can they at least let 1st round end before they make a bonehead statement like that in judging from the first 10 seconds of a fight???
I think Manny was still on a high after spotting and calling how crappy Castillo looked in the first seconds of that fight. Sometimes you can see something and sometimes you can't. Seriously, with Margo's history of taking the first round or 3 to measure his opponent, how could they make any claim about the fighter in the first round? I was just suprised at how he judged Margo to be slower than normal before he had really thrown much. I noted his defense was actually looking fairly good in those first rounds against everything but the jab.
smokey is offline  Top