Old 07-16-2007, 05:35 AM   #73
smokey
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Scores for Margo vs. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac
Its become a ritual and habit for HBO to make up their minds about a fighter, or how a fight is going to unfold within the first minute of a fight.

I kid you not....I'm not exaggerating. In the Gatti-Gomez fight, not 10 seconds had gone by in the 1st round, and Emmanuel Steward had already noted that Arturo Gatti did'nt look like a shot fighter!

....can they at least let 1st round end before they make a bonehead statement like that in judging from the first 10 seconds of a fight???
I think Manny was still on a high after spotting and calling how ****py Castillo looked in the first seconds of that fight. Sometimes you can see something and sometimes you can't. Seriously, with Margo's history of taking the first round or 3 to measure his opponent, how could they make any claim about the fighter in the first round? I was just suprised at how he judged Margo to be slower than normal before he had really thrown much. I noted his defense was actually looking fairly good in those first rounds against everything but the jab.
smokey is offline  Top