View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #28
thistle1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How does Lewis resume stack up in heavyweight history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Well he has wins over at least three likely hall of fame fighters ( Tyson, Holyfield, and Vitali Klitschko ). These three are in my top 12 of all time.

Bruno, Morrison, Mercer, McCall, Tucker, and Tua should be viewed as top 30-100 heavies.

Very impressive. Yet many will rate Johnson or Dempsey higher.
SO!

you list 9 fighters, and all good ones too I might add just for the record.

but it really does demonstrates arrogant ignorances to just assume that because of earlier times and the fact that we don't know a lot about a lot of the lesser known comp that past greats fought, they were nothing, nobody or shit.

Wow, I mean TOP fighters, Champions and Contenders fighting each other and their contemporaries, I don't even have to question it. Of course they were good, great and/or noted fighters, otherwise they wouldn't have been swimming in and among the top men.

we don't know about them today, Big Deal! How many fighters do we know about today?

how about ALL the Champions, Contenders, Fringe Contenders, Noted Fighters, Prospects and Journeymen. NO flippen difference is there?

these guys were known just the same during their own time.

and any TOP fighters with over 40, 50 fights have got at least 10 equally great, excellent or known fighters on their resume!

don't be so naive, or worse, self serving!
thistle1 is offline  Top