Old 05-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #119
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hagler his true length?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu Vatuvei View Post
Height is a quirky little interest (weird obsession?) of mine so I'm not just assuming anything. This stuff is mostly based on independent accounts and comparisons with non-boxers I've amassed over the years. As mentioned I post on celebheights which is a pretty comprehensive and well researched site for this stuff.

I thought it was really common knowledge that most athletes are overlisted as a matter of routine but I guess I forget sometimes that most people aren't as obsessed as me and hence it probably never occurs to them that this stuff is made up.

For example, how tall do you think Michael Jordan is? The dude ain't 6'6", Ima tell you right now.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson still goes around telling the world he's 6'5" and people believe, when he isn't much above 6'2".

Stallone says he's 5'10" but is widely believed to be somewhere around 5'7"-5'9"- so how does he end up 4 inches taller than Shane Mosley, what on earth is he wearing on his feet?

In general when you compare boxers to other people (NON-BOXERS) of KNOWN (i.e. measured and not just made up or from their own mouth) height, you'll see that the boxers are 1-2 inches shorter than listed.

I could go ooooooon......
I go based mostly on when I've met them, and none of them were wearing shoes with lifts or any of that.

Hagler, Hearns, and Leonard are all listed spot on, in my opinion. All 3 of them stood directly in front of me and I got the chance to shake both Marvin Hagler and Tommy Hearns's hands, Leonard stood not even 3 feet away from me. All of their heights seemed very accurate.
Bill1234 is online now  Top