View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #361
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooners4life98 View Post
Thanks for the open invite to ask questions and on who to contact. What is the best way to find my fighters sponsors? I don't have any money to invest in my future fighters so would a 10% management fee be ok? I know there are some dirty folks in this business and I am not going to be one of them. One more question, would it be the right thing to do to have a lawyer draw up a few contracts to give to my potential prospects or can this be done on my own? Thanks for the help in advance.
Getting sponsors is difficult you have to knock on many doors, see if you can tie in your fighters with something the sponsor can relate to, the fighter was a great HS star, or he is a well known amateur. Ten is good, by all means get a lawyer to draw up a contract. A word to the wise dont sign too many fighters, start with one or two. Learn, as you go, the most stressful words a manager hears is when they say, "When am I gonna fight?" And you dont have an answer. Try to get to know all the promoters in your area.

Last edited by dempsey1234; 05-13-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: adding a missing word
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links