View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163
Default Re: Silvio Branco Vs. Juho Haapoja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consu View Post
If you wanna win in Italy you gotta knock hometown fighter out to get a draw. So that is the biggest concern for Haapoja

But to be honest I think Haapoja has a VERY decent chance here. He is tough as nails, chin is pure rock and he can get you to deep waters. Branco is so old that there is a good possibility for a late stoppage if Haapoja can keep his pressure on trough the fight. At age of 46 you have no legs for a marathon and that is what you need to keep Haapoja outside.

It's a winnable fight by all means. I am currently going with Branco by UD. If you noticed Silvio's last two fights with Fragomeni he can be a real jogger in there. He'll need to keep his jab going, pick at him with his quick straight right, keep off the ropes, lean, keep fairly lightfooted to win this fight. Haapoja's best tactic would be smothering the old man early, trying to tire him out and perhaps finish him late. If Italian officials have any way to score it to Branco -- they will. Just ask poor Glen Johnson.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top