Old 07-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #17
Boilermaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 685
Default Re: Muhammed Ali vs Wladimir Klitchsko - 12 Rounds No Decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleman jim View Post
Who has the better chin? I think we all know the answer to that one don't we. While this wouldn't be a walk in the park for Ali, I still see him winning here. I respect Vlad. He's a gentleman and a credit to the sport. For a man his size he shows better than average skill and speed plus he can punch. With that being said he would be going up against arguably the greatest HW champion of all time and let's be honest, Vlad hasn't met anyone remotely close to a prime Ali yet. None of his opponenets to date compare to Ali in speed, ability, stamina and will to win tho that's not Vlads fault. Ali on the other hand has met some of the hardest punchers in the divisions history and beaten them all. Why? Because he has one of the best chins...if not the best chin in the divisions history. Sure he was dropped but never stopped at his best and this is why I feel he would beat Vlad. Combine this with his handspeed and I see a win for Ali. Vlad has a potent right hand but it's the left hook that Ali was most susceptible to being hit with, especially in close ala Joe Frazier...who was NOT feather fisted by the way. What i see happening is Ali's sneaky right lead finding a home as the fight wears on. When it does Vlad increasingly becomes gun shy and Ali smells blood and if I'm right the fight's over from that point on. Boxing is all about styles and Ali I feel would be have an advantage here. Ali by decision or late round stoppage.
But Jim, there is not any decision in this fight under the rules i have stated.

Ali was proven great against big hitters, but let us not remember, he couldnt stop Frazier or Norton, among others. Wlad did seem really lethal when he realised he coudl handle the power of fighters he was facing, see for example against Byrd. I am not saying this would happen with Ali, but it might. And Wlad did carry power into the last rounds. If Ali wasnt careful, he could be caught at any time.

I think the stipulation as another poster suggested has a big bearing on this fight.

By the way, did i post this in General instead of Classic? I cant seem to find the thread in the classic section.
Boilermaker is offline  Top