Old 07-17-2007, 10:42 AM   #22
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How did Boytzov look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutov
i hope the distractions dissapears so you can be succesful with your boxing and achieve your goals. i would love to fight in a professional ring. i wouldn't mind having a few tough amateur fights against some really good opponents that can bring out the best of me, before the end of this year. wouldn't you also like to fight as a pro? is there good amateur competition where you're at?
I used to want to when I was younger. I'm just doing a lot beter and have more abilities with other career options though, so I guess I'm just being realistic and going for what will earn me maximum rewards in the long run. I still like boxing though, and would like to get as good as I can as an amateur - I love the lifestyle. Amateur competition is on and off since I'm moving around all over the place right now. I've gotten quite a few fights last year though so stuff stepped up.

You know, if boxing is your main aim I would seriously try to get to a country where it is big - in Western Europe that would be Germany and England, and box out of an amateur club over there. You can get a license relatively quickly in UK, and although you can't box in national tournaments unless you've been there for a year, you can get some fights. Some place like Russia would be more difficult since you would need visas etc. and unless your national boxing federation supports you as an up-and-coming talent you would have difficulty getting into the good gyms over there. However, I know people from Holland who have gone for a month in summer to the Vityaz' gym in Chekhov (where Povetkin trains) having shown some potential.

Then once you have some more fights under your belt you can go back to Sweden and enter the nationals. Don't really know what the level of heavyweights and superheavyweights over there is... anyone good?
avk47 is offline  Top