View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #16
Vysotskyy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Masternak vs Drozd This Weekend

At least this one was worthwhile watching, very good fight. What surprised me the most was Drozd slighty got the better of it when they boxed from the outside. On the inside Masternak's defense was very vulnerable which i expected and his offense not a threat at all with Drozd having a huge advantage here. I wish Grisha would have forced the fight in close more often and let combinations go because whenever he did Mateusz would be in trouble but he looked content to box outside. He also showed a excellent chin with Masternak landing solid rights from time to time and Drozd took it no problem at all.

Masternak showed good mental toughness to fight with that terrible cut from the 2nd round on staying completely composed but his defense and infighting are seriously lacking. He also could have used more lateral movement and done a better job controlling distance, his athleticism and footspeed weren't a factor at all because he failed to. Watching the stoppage on replay he did look really hurt, legs totally gone and at the very end in the corner Drozd landed 5 or 6 clean power shots with Mateusz's hands down at his waist essentially out on his feet.

Alot of the Polish boxers (Proksa, Szpilka, Mateusz) use that reflex based hands down style and it has proven to leave them all vulnerable. They need to adopt some more conventional defense in the Polish school of boxing imo and forget that RJJ/Martinez stuff.

Last edited by Vysotskyy; 11-03-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Vysotskyy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links