View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Czech heavy weight Ondrej Pala

Ondrej Pala is a young heavy weight from the Czech Republic. He is 23 years old,and has a fight record of 19 victories and 2 losses.
His name recognition is extremely limited outside the small circle of his hometown fans and some box afcionados around the globe.
Pala won his last fight the Brit Artur Cook in the United Arab Emirates by tko in round 8 . He mostly fights out of his native Czech Republic,but has already fought 3 times in Belarus,and twice in Germany.
He lost a split decision to Germany's young heavy weight talent Rene Dettweiler(21-1) on German soil.Most ring observers had Pala ahead on points after 8 close rounds.Even German tv admitted that Dettweiler's victory over Pala was a kind of gift for the home boy in his backyard.
Pala suffered his second defeat at the hands of highly regarded heavy weight hope Denis Boytsov about 18 months ago.
Pala was ahead on points when his fights with Boytsov was stopped due to a deep cut.Nevertheless,he was very competitive up to that point.He gave the touted young Russian hell as long as their fight lasted.
Since then Pala has scored 8 victories in a row over modest and humble opposition.
Like Boytsov Pala is a bit small for a heavy,but he for sure is one of the more talented young heavies out there.
He isnt American so that he is almost totally unknown and doesnt get any hype. Fighters like Malik Scott,Chazz Witherspoon,Kevin Johnson,or Faruq Saleem are not household names either,but due to their American passport they are already better known that Pala.I for my part bet my house that Pala would beat Malik Scott and Faruq Saleem if their fights came off within the next few months.
Ondrej Pala will appear on a fight card in Praha/Czech Republic at the end of april.
Would be happy to watch him fight either Skelton or Sinan Sam in one of their future european title defenses!
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links