View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 02:32 AM   #440
Makingweight
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

[quote=dempsey1234;15758706]Tony Weeks, was our referee for the Chavez - Johnson(RIP) he let that go on too long and I was afraid he was letting it go on too long in this instance. I believe Alvarado himself indicated that he had enough, anyway it was a good call. This fighting big, can be deadly as it was for Johnson and others who dehydrated themselves to a dangerous level. This I heard is bad for your internal organs and these guys will pay a heavy price as they age. Eric Morales walked straight to the bathroom along with 30 guys in his entourage on arriving to the weigh in for his fight with Chavez, the reason he had stuck a suppository where the sun dont shine, so that he could make weight.[/quote

Thanks for the clarification they made it out to be the refs call on TV here the pundits in the UK on SKY & the other broadcasters are constantly banging on about fighters looking 'big at the weight'.

It's more about are you safe at the weight?It just seems to be one of those easy lines broadcasters throw out!
Makingweight is offline  Top