View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 03:03 AM   #443
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

The sad saga continuous for McDonnell he just issued a press release giving his side of the story and I can say this without a doubt this manager/promoter thing is bad for the fighter. From what I have read I believe McDonnell was solely misrepresented in this situation. Think about this, if this is the case as stated by McDonnell, now I don't know what the rules are in the UK, but in the states that's not allowed.
Let's say I am the manager/promoter of TBA, the question then becomes who negotiates for the fighter???? Since I am the promoter and the manager, do I stand in front of a mirror and fight to get my fighter the last penny with my reflection as the promoter,
thinking "hey, I gotta make money too", and cos I am a good manager I am going to fight for my guy, my reflection is going to say jeez look at my expenses I have to pay this that and the other, I am going to the poorhouse and blah, blah into the night, 'er who do you think is going to win. Guys here is living proof you need someone to explain your rights and to have an attorney read the contract and explain every single clause and what it actually means and how it can affect you.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top