View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 03:25 PM   #7
ironchamp
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1230
Default Re: George Foreman(1991) vs. Riddick Bowe(1992)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum
I could buy Bowe getting the better of George, but only if Big Daddy outmaneuvers him. He shouldn't be attempting to back Foreman up, and he shouldn't attempt to take the fight inside, where George could use his physical strength. Tommy Morrison provided the blueprint for beating Foreman at that stage of George's career.

Above all, Bowe should box for the decision win. If he hurts Foreman without taking him out, George would battle back with a dangerous sense of urgency. Lull him into sleepwalking, and it could be an easy points win. Go for the kill, and Bowe's on his own.
George's endurance was dismal at his stage of his career even though he paced himself better. Bowe was an elite fighter who can fight well on the outside as well as the inside. Morrison fought him that way because he was cautious of George's power and used a stick and more gameplan (being a chinny fighter probably motivated it) and apparently because they were friends.

Micheal Moorer was right in front of him for 9 rounds and was pretty successful I believe that Bowe was more durable and his ability to fight on the inside as well as competant outside ability I have no reason to see how 90s Foreman can beat him.
ironchamp is offline  Top