View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #65
Strongback
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Sykes is going for British Super Featherweight title and Crolla is trying to push towards world title shot at Lightweight..

Why now are we talking about the Froch-Groves debacle? and why hold Quigg back? to make the Dec 14th non PPV show better because he's a name?. Didn't Eddie put Quigg on a non PPV show in October? and you've just complained about the Froch vs Groves undercard then wanted it to be depleted further!.

Why haven't you answered the question about the David Haye vs Ruiz and Audley undercards that i asked you yesterday?

The fact is your looking for reason to moan now. The Froch-Groves card was pony. Eddie deserves flack for that..

Quigg had hardly any support when he fought in London. I was there and the arena was subdued as he boxed. Why put him through that again?. Manchester is a better place for him to box...

Quote:
Sykes is going for British Super Featherweight title and Crolla is trying to push towards world title shot at Lightweight..
This fight is a competitive matchup and it has the twist that Sykes has a win over Crolla. The timing is good. As for Crolla pushing for a world title, anybody with half a brain can see that's going to end badly. Crolla is an exciting fighter and on the domestic level is great value for money. Why not keep him fighting at a level he can compete at..

Quote:
Why now are we talking about the Froch-Groves debacle?
I'm talking about it because Eddie tried to sqeeze every fighter he could onto this card leaving few option for the December card. He should have held some fighters back and focused on putting together good fights instead of walkover farces. The December card can't be any worse than the November card but they are in the same ballpark in terms of shiteness.

Quote:
why hold Quigg back? to make the Dec 14th non PPV show better because he's a name?.
Exactly. Get him in with a decent fighter that will give him rounds and a decent workout.

Quote:
and you've just complained about the Froch vs Groves undercard then wanted it to be depleted further!.
The Matchroom names on the November card were not the problem. The problem was their were no competitive fights on the undercard. Matchroom would be better off halving 3 or 4 competitive fights instead of 12 odd joke fights with name recognised fighters.

Quote:
Why haven't you answered the question about the David Haye vs Ruiz and Audley undercards that i asked you yesterday?
Don't get me started on Haye. I have started many many threads and probably written a 100,000 words on the bulshit Haye/Booth have pulled. They are a completely transparent pair of cunts. I have articles going back to before the first postponed Wlad fight. I called Buncey out on here in a thread I started about him playing at being David Haye's promoter before the Audley fight. He acknowledged the fight was bad for boxing.

Haye and Booth are the only two I have contiually singled out for criticism in the last few years. Their bullshit is very similar. The Hearn's though are much more sophisticated in the way they do things.

Quote:
Quigg had hardly any support when he fought in London. I was there and the arena was subdued as he boxed. Why put him through that again?. Manchester is a better place for him to box...
Quigg didn't perform too well that night in London. A fighter with ambition needs to impress everybody including fight fans in the capital. Give him a chance to set the record staight.

At the end of the day it is up to Eddie to put together exciting cards. He has the resources and backup to do better than he has recently.

For me as a fan I don't want to watch shit match-up.
Strongback is offline  Top