Old 12-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #368
choklab
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Rocky Marciano vs. Sonny Liston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
If you read my post I said unfortunately Liston folded up when in tough and that crack in his armor would be a hard weakness (wide crack in his armor) against Marciano, like I said before Marciano beat guys 6"4 and and guys 220-250lbs but when he won the title the top #1 contenders happened to the smaller better men, Archie beat some very big men on his way to Marciano, so did Walcott guys 6"6 and Charles 6'3 and Lastarza got rid of Dan B.....

Marciano defended his title against the better men who beat the bigger men...I do think Marciano would have had a much easier time breaking down Baker,Valdez then the ATG Moore,Charles and Walcott, even Layne was 34-1-1 and beat the man who beat and drew with him when he faced Rocky and Layne was called by Nat Fleischer as the next Dempsey and next champ but the sudden clean and brutal KO ruined Layne as did fight one with Charles (emptied Ezz tank) war 1 with Walcott (brutal KO) and the 53-3 LaStarza beat everyman to beat him except Rocky but was ruined in fight 2, and Archie took a horrific beating head and body (and was never the same) even though he was still a great and went 38-4-2 post Rocky.....Rocky beat the best men available 5 #1 contenders should he apologize that the bigger men were not the better men of the era

I see Marciano on the inside of Liston, breaking him down and after Sonny throws down his best the little monster keeps throwing punches in bunches with ill intent and Sonny gets tired of the game

This is based on fair observation rather than assumption and generalisation.

To be honest about things Marciano gives Sonny a tough fight any way you look at it.

Those that say Marciano gets blown away won't aknowledge Liston had competative fights. They won't aknowledge the frozen, psyched out factor effect on performers who let them selves down and allowed Liston to have his way.

I would not dream of using the Marciano v Walcott rematch as evidence of Rockys prowess because it was a blow out over a good opponent who never got going and his heart was not in it.....yet Listons entire career is based on two such fights!

Last edited by choklab; 12-06-2013 at 03:30 AM.
choklab is offline  Top