Old 12-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #7
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Olympic Gold Medalist Egor Mekhontsev to turn pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmurphy View Post
dont think Mekhontsev will become a world champion solid fighter though, saw him fight Joe Ward before the olympics and he was easily beaten by a kid only 18 years old. Considering at that stage he was 27/28 a world champion at a higher weight division,two time european champion and he couldnt beat an 18 year old i was quiet shocked. I the last round Ward was landing heavy blows on him too he knock his gumshield out of the ring. If Mekhontsev can show he has power and a good chin then he might do well, his also going to be huge for light heavyweight. However i do believe Artur Beterbiev is going to bludgeon his way to a world championship very soon, i think he lost some of his power when he moved up to heavyweight but when he was at light heavyweight ,the way his division used to speak about his power made him sound like he wasnt human and that was in amateur boxing with headgear. I the pro's at light heavyweight i think he can become one of the biggest p4p punchers in boxing
Great first post with good insight. I think Mekhontsev has a chance to win a world title, but the odds are not in his favor.

Beterbiev on the other hand is a likely future world champion, and a fan favorite in the making.

Welcome to the board.
Mendoza is offline  Top