View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
Danny
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Remarkable Salvador Sanches

What a gem of fighter this man was. I've seen his fights many times, but I doubt I'll every get bored of seeing such a wonderful boxer. Such a tragedy when he passed away, at such a tender age aswell.

What's also very striking about Salvador's bouts, is that the best of him was seen in the "business end" of bouts, a lot between rounds 12-15. I wish 15rounders were brought back.

Snaches had the ability to slug & box. Not many fighters, especially of today, can do both. Sanches' resume is highly efficient indeed. Wins over such peers like Nelson, Gomez, Danny Lopez, Laporte, Cowdell, Garcia etc, was very high scalps indeed.

Sanches turned pro aged just sixteen. He amassed an amazing 44-1-1 (32) record in the seven years he was a pro. That's some activity indeed.

One wonders how far Sanches could have gone if he had stayed alive. He was only 23, could still have made improvements of his game, & maybe would have become a better fighter. How frightening a prospect is that? I certainly feel he would definitely have moved up in weight & more titles.

RIP Mr Sanches
Danny is offline  Top
Sponsored Links