Old 06-20-2007, 01:48 PM   #9
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who's gonna win Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by safe_pa
B.J will sub Jens, Jens is more of a boxer than anything else and he isn't a good boxer at that. B.J is a ju-jitsu beast and will probably choke Jens out or tear his arm clean off.
This is what everybody said before the first fight. I'm not saying it won't happen, but Penn's rep has sort of gotten out of hand of his results. Pulver has fought some pretty tough guys since the first fight and won. Penn seems to look great against tough comp (the first two minutes agasint St. Pierre, the first two rounds against Hughes II etc) but he gasses out each time. I'm wondering if he will be able to have much at 155 after making weight. He looks a lot further from his 155 frame than Pulver does.

Based on his slip up against Lauzon and his age etc, I'm thinking Penn will pull it out, especially if it ends early. If it goes on though, I think Pulver has a good chance. I really REALLY hope Pulver wins though. His style is just a lot more exciting IMO, and for some reason he's a more likable guy than Penn.
Wilhelm is offline  Top