View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 01:52 AM   #10
brownpimp88
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What Fighter's Downfall Saddened You The Most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist
But Hagler also beat Duran, Hearns and arguably Leonard as well. When you add that to the middleweights he beat then he does have a superior resume imo. On the whole I felt he was more dominant than Spinks as well during his prime. Qawi got terribly close and a diminished Muhammad really took it to Spinks too. I don't think Hagler was ever challenged in such a way during his middleweight prime, despite some claiming the Duran fight was close (it wasn't as far as I'm concerned).

For what it's worth, if someone does have Spinks beating Davis and someone has Hagler losing to Leonard, I don't really have an argument against someone placing Spinks higher, but as it stands I don't.
So what if he beat Duran and Hearns, which smaller weight fighter is even gonna bother Spinks. I remember spinks calling out Hagler in a KO Magazine back in 82 or 81, funny how Hagler didnt accept the offer.

Spinks was also successfull as a heavyweight, whether he lost the 2nd holmes fight or not. At least he beat him and ****ey, when did Hagler beat a light-heavyweight?

I dont think anyone is going to debate that Spinks's light-heavyweight fighters were better than the middleweights hagler was beating.

I value beating a prime p4p ranked fighter like Qawi, over an old duran and a blown up Hearns. Beating a great fighter from your own weight class is alot harder than beating someone 13 pounds north of thier best weight.

Larry Holmes was also a p4p fighter when Spinks beat him, past his prime or not, he was ranked p4p, which is what matters.
brownpimp88 is offline  Top