Old 06-20-2007, 08:57 PM   #10
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117
Default Re: Why Dont Brits get Respect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
How is Arthur 'overprotected'? Take a look at his record, to win the european title he had to fight Boris Sinitzen, who was no mug & had a long reign. Hes since defended the euro title, & has now given it up in search of a world title fight. If & when he beats Gogoladze, he will be the interim champ, & when Guzman finally gives up the belt cos hes a fat waster who cant make the weight Alex will get his hands on it, & then come the big fights, all before he is 30.

As for the WBO belt being bogus? Thats an obsolete opinion. HBO now class it as one of the 'big 4' so get used to it pal, the WBO is as good as any of the rest of the titles now. Just look at their list of champions, its no bum title. Time to move out of the dark ages.
Actually Dunky I can answer that and I freely admit to being a big fan of Arthur . ****** turned down an eliminator with Robbie Peden a little over a year ago in an IBF eliminator . Doing this made no sense as if Arthur won he would have been fighting for the vacant IBF title against Manuel Medina .
Instead of that we're now at a point where Arthur never fought either man , never fought for the IBF title and is only now fighting for a World title and I'm afraid I'm going to have to apply my i'f it's the WBO title and a Frank ****** fighter is involved it doesn't count rule' .

Gogoladze may be tough but he's less proven then Arthur at this stage and in reality Arthur should have moved on from the Peden's/Medina's and Gogoladze's of this world by now and be looking at fights with the big guys in the division .

The only way this could be made up for is if Arthur fights Fana in a unification match after he wins the WBO . Fana's nothing special but if he had two titles then he would start to get taken seriously worldwide .

All I hope is that ****** doesn't hold Arthur back having him fight easy WBO defenses because Alex is better than that .
BigEars is offline  Top