Old 06-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #7
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sizing up Wladimir Klitschko-Alexander Povetkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Michalczewski#1
yes povetkin is a bad style match up for wlad, but the fighter makes the style. Povetkin is the fastest rising heavyweight(not even Tyson was so quickly matched against the level of opposition hes faced) I can think of and he has great amateur pedigree (olympic gold medal) and serious toughness (was the world kick boxing champion). His chin is solid and hes a pressure fighter so if he takes klitschko to the later rounds he can make the water very deep for the giant Ukrianian.
I have though about this fight. I am sold on Povetkin's stamina, durablity, will to win and guts. He is a very good prospect, with solid skills, good hand speed, and smarts.

Povetkin will not be able to out fight Wlad. Wlad will own him from a distance. The key question to the fight is, does Povetkin have enough ability to get inside, and go to work without Wlad tying him up? I think he can have his share of moments. Povetkin can throw all types of punches, and fights smart.

The draw back is Povetkin is only a solid puncher. He can win like Brewster did, but its likley going to happen a bit later, and only if he weather the strom in the ealry to mid rounds.

I favor Wlad, but make Povetkin a like underdog.
Mendoza is offline  Top