Old 07-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dick Tiger v a great cagey fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
What about a Hearns? What do you think of a matchup like that? If Hearns boxed him and didn't do the Hagler/Hearns thing.
Interesting. Tiger wasn't a one punch KO artist of course. But he hit out with hurtful punches and was very consistant. He liked to set himself - that was his weakness. This one might boil down to heart. I don't beleive that Hearns, powerful though he was, could do for Tiger, so the question would be what would happen when Tiger hurt Hearns? If Hearns had enough heart to pull him through something like that, and assuming it didn't happen early he has a good chance. I lean towards Tiger though.

Quote:
As far as Greb, I dunno if he had the stamina. Greb had excellent stamina, great strength himself, and was very dirty and tricky on the inside, and had a higher workrate.
Tiger's stamina was monstoruos, and it came naturally. He killed himself to make the weight from the beginning but showed no ill affects. No disrespect to Greb, as you know I rate him, but I feel Tiger has him for style. Greb would finish this one on wobbly legs, his early lead a distant memory.

Quote:
Tiger Flowers beat a half-blind Greb and was said to have had a similar style while beating to Greb's body. Would be interesting, but once again that wasn't a prime Greb. I'd take Greb over Tiger.
I would guess that Flowers was a better boxer but Tiger would just love an opponent who was there to be hit - he never lost in this type of situation at MW. Tiger is also impossible to intimidate and very very difficult to hurt or discourage.
McGrain is offline  Top