View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 01:32 PM   #14
yesihavearm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe would be more likely to beat Samuel Peter than Sugar Ray Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatNose
Please.Robinson would have embalmed Calzaghe.Peter, on the other hand, had hells own time with a bloated, obese, past his prime, should-be middleweight James Toney.Joe might have a chance against the mediocre Nigerian.
Im not gonna argue with that, I havent seen that much of SRR in all honesty and its hard to argue against the best fighter of all time. At 168 though SRR might not be as awsome as everyone thinks, especially against Joe who's the number 2 SMW in history imo and will most likely end his career as Number1. SRR is really a Welterweight and to be honest I dont see a Welterweight beating one of the best SMW's ever and a big SMW at that. Joe could easily move to light-heavy no problems at all.

Again I think its down to speed if he moved up to fight Peter. If Joe went into the fight at around 180-185 and managed to retain 70-80% of his handspeed and movement he'd have a chance of moving into the inside with his quick flurries and then moving back out before Peter has a chance to land anything of significance to eventually win a sort of 116 or 117 UD.
yesihavearm is offline  Top