Old 07-30-2007, 02:01 PM   #59
Minotauro
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: top 5 Heavy/Achievement

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobkhan
No, Patterson would never ever beat Liston, just like Frazier never would Foreman. And yes i think Patterson could defeat Quarry and Ellis. He was already past it when he faced both, 32 and 33. The bouts with Quarry were still both very close and prime Floyd would have won both for sure. The Ellis bout wasnīt that close but Floyd always had some confidence problems and coming of a draw and a loss hadītn helped him for sure. Again i would favour a prime Floyd over Ellis.
Yesterday i watched Ali-Patterson I again. Patterson lost because he couldnīt cut off the ring against Ali. Ali had the much faster better legs, Patterson didnīt get near him but when he did he hit him. He also made Ali miss very often. Sure he lost but without his problems and better skills in cutting off the ring he would have been able to make it much closer or even beat him.

Purely on achievement i think Floyd deserves a Top5 spot. beeing the youngest hw champion ever and the first to regain his tittle is both huge. The other four for me would be Louis, Ali, Holmes and Johnson.
great post.
Minotauro is offline  Top