View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 04:14 PM   #7
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238
Default Re: classic forum peeps come quick!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny's jab
The facts are the facts.
No, these are merely opinions and they will always remain opinions.

Fact is that Wlad has superior handspeed to just about every of Ali's opponent with a few exceptions, Frazier, Patterson and a few others. He has power as good any of them with the only exception being Foreman and Shavers. But he has better handspeed and delivery than both of them. He has more size than any of his opponents.
He has a great, fast heavy jab and Ali has been troubled by good jabs.

Wlad's weaknesses are power punchers and pressure fighters. Ali and Holmes are the complete opposite of that. You said Wlad's vurnerable. Well guess what, so is Ken Norton but he gave Ali problems that he never solved in 45 rounds.
Holmes is somewhat susceptible to straight right hands and Wladimir has one of the best of the past thirty years. Only Lewis' straight right hand was better and even that's close. Janitor made the rightful point that Holmes always struggled against the better fighters he faced (Norton, Witherspoon, Weaver, Williams). Are those fighters really that much better than Wlad?

I favor Ali over Wlad and i think Holmes/Wlad is a tossup. Both are lightyears greater than Wlad.
But to say that Wlad has only a slim chance against either is selling Wlad short, i think. Wlad has very good stylistic matchup against either of them.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top