View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: got cranked w/ a body shot today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atg
I was sparring with a guy who is 178 lbs(im 145) and we did some sparring drills first round jabs only, second one jabs and crosses and 3rd round only hooks and uppercuts. I was doing fine until the 3rd round where he kept hitting my ribs. I through back at his head and sent quick combos at him but at one point he just smashed me w/ a hook to the ribs. I leaned over and I felt I couldn't breath. Lucklily he stopped for a second and I got back up. But I felt like I was going to throw up. It happened again w/ another body shot in the next round and after that I felt like I was gonna collapse.

My question is should this be happening? Do I need to work harder on ab work or road work? Or is it I just need to improve my defense?

.........No amount of ab work will make you immune to body shots. No matter how many situps you do, they're always gonna hurt. Tough to say without a video how open you were, so I can't comment on that.

Good experience for you in a way, though. Now when you next read some bunghole denegrade Oscar for going down against Hopkins, you can laugh to yourself and know they have never taken a good body shot.

Last edited by joffo; 04-24-2006 at 10:46 PM.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top