Old 08-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #18
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny "little red" Lopez vs Eusebio Pedroza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumdujour
who wins the battle of these outstanding featherweights.

lopez was perhaps the hardest one shot hitter the devision had ever seen.

pedroza perhaps its greatest bodypuncher.

both were very tall, pedroza 58 (average height for a welterweight) and lopez was 57.

overall, i think pedroza was the better technitian. he could box at long range behind a jab or he could get inside and fight real dirty. he was not a big hitter, but his bodyblows wore out most opponents.

lopez was a classic one punch hitter. he jused his jab just to set up that big right hand. never cared to much about defense.
but when he hit you.......goodnight.

neither one had great chins. lopez was down more often than i can remember. but one has to remember that pedroza also suffered a couple of kos earlier in his career.

i think this would be really exciting. lopez would drop pedroza early, maybe even more than once.
but slowly by the mid rounds i see pedroza turning this around with his sustained bodyattack and eventually stop lopez in a thriller.

pedroza ko14 lopez.
Pedroza was a league above the thunderous hitting lopez ,in all but power ,imo.Lopez was there to be hit and Pedroza was a cynical pro who exploited every ***** inyour armour he had no qualms about giving you bruised nuts or kidneys ,he was also pretty strong along the lines of a Saddler,every one talks about Sanchez,but imo,Pedroza would have given him all he wanted,and he would have stopped Lopez.
mcvey is offline  Top